Monday, June 9, 2008

Banfield and Over-vaccinating

So, I mentioned before that Banfield has the overarching tendency to over-vaccinate the animals that come through their vet practice, for purely monetary reasons.  Let me just say how reprehensible this is, for a couple of reasons.  My first impression of Banfield painted it as a trustworthy veterinary practice--after all, it is in connection to Petsmart, one of the country's largest pet supply stores.  For some reason, I (naively) assumed that Banfield's ownership by a corporation would cause it's policies to be ethical, due to the company's prominence in the public eye.  However, while I'm sure there are veterinarians who work for Banfield who do not over-vaccinate, they do this by going against company policy.  
The evidence?  

No comments: